Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe there is only one God, Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, eternally existent in three persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30
- We believe in the deity of Christ, which is to say:
He is God incarnate;
He was born of a virgin birth;
Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35
He lived a sinless life;
Hebrews 4:15; 7:26
He performed many miracles;
He died a vicarious and atoning death on the cross, the perfect and final substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of mankind;
1 Corinthians 15;3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9
He was resurrected;
John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4
He ascended to the right hand of the Father;
He will personally return in power and glory.
Acts 1:11; Revelations 19:11
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace through faith alone are we saved, not by any works of our own can we merit salvation.
John 3:16-19; 5:24; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18